The Philippines, through the Department of Science and Technology and its attached agency, the Advanced Science and Technology Institute, will be hosting the 23rd Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN) conference on January 22-26, 2007. The event will be held at the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, Ortigas Business District, Mandaluyong City.
For more information on the 23rd APAN conference, please go to this link: http://www.apan.net/meetings/manila2007/index.html
The APAN conference is a biannual meeting held among APAN member countries. The 5-day event highlights tutorials, oral presentations and demonstrations covering topics on advanced network technologies and applications. Local participants are given the opportunity to interact with researchers and practitioners from member countries.
There will be various sessions covering the use of advanced networking topics in the following tracks: Network Technology, Application Technology, Natural Resource, and e-Collaborations.
NETWORK TECHNOLOGY TRACK
Session Title:Routing Coordination WorkshopSchedule/Time:22.01.2007 / 09:00-15:30Objective:The workshop aims to discuss the routing coordination scheme, methodology, and possible tools for APAN and related networks.Target Audience:Routing Engineers, Routing Researchers Session Title:IPv6 Task WorkshopSchedule/Time:23.01.2007 / 11:00-17:30Objective:The workshop aimes to share information about the IPv6 technology, deployment, operation and migration among participants.Target Audience:Researchers, Application Developers, NOC folks Session Title:Network Engineering WorkshopSchedule/Time:24.01.2007 / 09:00-17:30Objective:The workshop aims to encourage collaborations: among network engineers; among NOC folks; and between network engineers and NOC folksTarget Audience:Network Technology Researchers, NOC folks, Security EngineersSession Topics:1. Performance and Measurement
3. NOC Tools
4. Network Plan and Updates Session Title:Joint Workshop of Security and Network EngineeringSchedule/Time:25.01.2007 / 09:00-12:30Objective:The workshop aims to: (1) increase network security awareness among APAN community members; (2) facilitate the exchange of experiences and knowledge in network security technologies and issues; and (3) encourage security-related collaboration among APAN community membersTarget Audience:Researchers, Scientists, Network EngineersSession Topics (Tentative):1. NOC Security
2. Network Security
3. (IPv6-related Security Issues)
4. (Honeypot Implementation)
5. (Illegal Traffic Detection by Traffic Monitoring) Session Title:Lambda Networking BoFSchedule/Time:25.01.2007 / 14:00-15:30Objective:The session aims to: (1) provide an update on lambda networking; (2) facilitate sharing of experiences; and (3) generate momentum towards lambda networking in the Region.Traget Audience:Those engaged or interested in lambda networking, Network engineers, Network Designers, Managers of National Research Networks
APPLICATION TECHNOLOGY TRACK
Session Title:SIP TutorialSchedule/Time:22.01.2007 / 09:00-17:30Objective:The tutorial aims to discuss and share knowledge and experiences on advanced SIP topics among participants.Target Audience:Researchers working with SIPSession Topics:1. Introduction to IP Telephony and SIP
2. Global SIP Dialing Plan (SIP.edu, ISN, ENUM)
3. SIP Authentication Mechanism
4. SIP-Based VoIPv6 System
5. Prepaid Service for SIP VoIP System
6. Voicemail and Gateway Service in Asterisk
7. Instant Message and Presence Service
8. NAT Traversal Session Title:HDTV WorkshopSchedule/Time:23.01.2007 / 14:00-17:30Objective:The session aims to provide attendees with an opportunity to discuss the latest development around the network-based delivery of HD (high-definition) video technology.Target Audience:APAN Technology Oriented folks Session Title:Medical WorkshopSchedule/Time:24-25.01.2007 / 09:00-17:30Objective:The workshop aims to establish a medical network with high-quality moving image on a broadband Internet in the Asia-Pacific Region.Target Audience:Medical Doctors, Co-Medicals, Engineers, ResearchersSession Topics:The workshop will have as resource speakers medical doctors and local network engineers from various countries in the Asia-Pacific Region. Sessions will have live demonstrations of advanced medical procedures or video teleconference, connecting multiple stations in AP and Europe.
NATURAL RESOURCE TRACK
Schedule/Time:22-25.01.2007 / 09:00-17:30Details on content to be announced later.
Session Title:EGEE TutorialSchedule/Time:22.01.2007 / 09:00-17:30Objective:The tutorial aims to give an introduction to Grid Computing and the international EGEE grid project. The tutorial will provide an overview of the EGEE Grid middleware and technology, as well as hands-on experience of the current middleware.Target Audience:User Communities deploying Grid Infrastructure Session Title:Global CollaborationSchedule/Time:23.01.2007 / 11:00-15:30Target Audience:Network Operators, Scientists Session Title:e-Science Workshop: Exploring e-ScienceSchedule/Time:24.01.2007 / 09:00-15:30Objective:The workshop aims to present or demonstrate e-Science projects in the participating countries.Target Audience:Reseachers/Users/Engineers, People interested in e-Science activities Session Title:e-Culture WorkshopSchedule/Time:25.01.2007 / 09:00-12:30Objective:The workshop aims to bring together participants from the academe, industry and government to learn and discuss about e-Culture activities in the APAN countries. e-Culture is an interdisciplinary research which covers contemporary politics, economics, social issues, and culture.Target Audience:E-Learning, Museum, Digital Archive, Educator, Librarian, Anthropologist, Historian Session Title:Grid-Middleware WorkshopSchedule/Time:25.01.2007 / 14:00-17:30Objective:The workshop aims to brign together participants from the academe, industry, and government to learn and discuss about grid and middleware activities in the APAN countries. The workshop is jointly organized by the middleware WG and the Grid Committee.Target Audience:Researchers, Engineers, StudentsSession Topics: 1. Medical Grid System in Thailand
2. Parametric Modeling on the Grid with Nimrod/G
3. An Overview of Current Issues in Shibboleth/Grid Integration
4. A Privacy Oriented Attribute Exchange in Shibboleth
5. An Analysis of Attribute Aggregtaion Techniques
6. Eduroam-JP Update
ASTI spearheads the Local Organizing Committee for the 23rd APAN meeting. Those who are interested to attend the event may visit the event website, or you may send your e-mail inquiries to email@example.com.