MANILA, Oct. 8 (PNA) — A total of 1.9 million tourists visited and stayed in Calabarzon region (Region IV-A) during the first half of 2015, data from the region show.
Data also show that 2.5 million tourists visited the region in 2014.
As for daytime arrivals, the region posted a total of 12.1 million tourists from January to June this year compared with 15.8 million during the same period last year.
The region currently accounts for more than 46 percent of the country’s daytime visitor arrivals. However, it has yet to work on getting more visitors to stay overnight.
Department of Tourism Region IV-A (DOT IV-A) director Rebecca Villanueva-Labit said that the region expected an eight to 10 percent increase in tourist arrivals by year-end.
”We see the numbers increasing. Our target is to increase by 40 percent,” Labit earlier said.
She stressed this will be attributed to various infrastructure developments and investments in the region’s five provinces — Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon.(PNA)