SAN FERNANDO CITY, La Union, July 10 (PNA)–Relief operations, led by the provincial government and various government agencies, including the Philippine Red Cross (PRC), continue in La Union nearly a week after most of its 19 towns and one city were submerged by flood waters dumped by rains spawned by Typhoon “Egay”.
Bobby Valdriz, Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Officer (PDRRMO) and concurrently assistant provincial administrator, in a report Friday, said that 28,055 families or 114,891 persons in 265 barangays in 19 towns and one city were displaced by flood waters.
Of these number 832 families or 3,502 persons were moved to 46 evacuations centers where they were given relief assistance by the provincial government of La Union, Local Government Units, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Barangays and the PRC.
Total relief assistance released so far, according to the report, reached Php 5.7 million.
There was no casualty reported but one person was missing and another six injured.
There were 48 houses that were totally damaged and 284 others partially.
The Office of Civil Defense (OCD) said that La Union was the worst hit province by Typhoon “Egay” of the four provinces in Region 1. (PNA)