By Jelly F. Musico
MANILA, Jan. 14 (PNA) – WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has reportedly agreed to terms of a May 2 mega fight with WBC king Floyd Mayweather.
Top Rank boss Bob Arum told Yahoo Sports that Pacquiao’s camp has agreed to “everything.”
“I’m not trying to force anybody’s hand, I’m just saying, ‘Hey, we’ve agreed to everything, period. “The people we have talked to on Mayweather’s side have agreed to everything. Now we need Mayweather to step up and say, ‘Yeah, I’m on board. I agree,” Arum said.
Arum, however, clarified that he is not going to put deadline for Mayweather’s response.
”I’m just going to hope that everybody does the right thing and we get this concluded. It would be really sad if we went through this stuff again like we did before,” Pacquiao’s promoter said.
Michael Koncz, adviser of Pacquiao, told the RingTV.com that it’s now up to Mayweather to seal the deal for the highly-anticipated mega fight between the world’s most popular boxers in welterweight division.
“We’ve agreed to our side, so now we’re waiting for Floyd to sign off on it,” Koncz said.
Pacquiao (57-5-2) previously reported that agreed to the demands of Mayweather of a 60-40 split of the purse in favor of the American fighter who remains undefeated in 47 fights.
Pacquiao also agreed that the fight be held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and to the drug-testing protocol as demanded by Mayweather.
According to Yahoo Sports report, Mayweather could earn at least USD 120 million if the fight with Pacquiao will finally push through.
“I want to get some movement here, with bringing Mayweather to the table so we can go out and get everything signed and get the networks together and get the thing finished,” Arum told Yahoo Sports.
The discussion for possible Pacquiao-Mayweather fight started in 2009. Pacquiao scored two technical knockout victories against Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton and Mayweather hurdled Juan Manuel Marquez via unanimous decision. (PNA)