MANILA, Dec. 4 (PNA) — Malacañang on Wednesday reassured the public that the officials involved in the rehabilitation of areas affected by Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), including rehabilitation czar and former Sen. Panfilo Lacson, are doing their homework.
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said the officials involved are continuously fleshing out the plans of their particular agencies.
“Patuloy po ang Gabinete sa paggawa ng kinakailangang homework sa pag-flesh out, pag-concretize nung mga partikular na rehabilitation plans and programs within the scope of the mandate of each department concerned. So, wala pong humpay ang pagsisikap na makapagtakda ng konkretong programa na maaaring maisagawa sa lalong madaling panahon para maibsan ang sinapit ng ating mga kababayan sa mga calamity areas (The Cabinet members concerned continue to do their homework in fleshing out and concretizing particular rehabilitation plans under their respective mandates. There is no letup in working to help those affected recover),” Coloma said in a media briefing.
Even Lacson, who last weekend accepted President Benigno Aquino III’s offer to head the rehabilitation work, is already talking to stakeholders, he added.
“Ang batid ko patuloy ang pakikipagugnayan sa stakeholders’ group at nangangalap ng input, suggestion at information (From what I learned, he is working with stakeholders’ groups and is getting inputs, suggestions and information),” he said.
Yolanda barreled through parts of the Visayas and Southern Luzon last month, leaving behind more than 5,600 dead.
The destruction it caused has triggered sympathy and aid from the international community. (PNA)