Saudi Arabia reports another death from new coronavirus infection: WHO

GENEVA, (PNA/Xinhua) — Saudi Arabia has reported an additional death from confirmed infection with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), the World Health Organization (WHO) said Monday.

WHO said in its latest disease outbreak update that the woman, 56, with underlying medical conditions, was from the Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia. She became ill on Oct. 26 and died on Oct. 30.

She had contact with a previously laboratory confirmed case, according to WHO.

Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 150 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV, including 64 deaths.