MANILA, (PNA) — President Benigno S. Aquino III on Thursday advised residents in Bohol to listen to experts who allayed fears of immediate danger after the 7.2 magnitude quake wrought havoc in Central Visayas region last week.
Aquino, who stayed in Bohol overnight, said experts have ruled out immediate danger amid reports that some areas in Bohol, particularly the town of Loon, would be swallowed by a sinkhole.
“Makinig po tayo sa mga eksperto ng pamahalaan. Sabi nila sa akin, walang immediate danger (Let us listen to government experts who ruled out immediate danger),” he said.
On his return to Bohol Wednesday to visit the quake victims, Aquino said he slept inside a tent by the sea in Loon.
He said the Mines and Geosciences Bureau is conducting geohazard mapping operations to determine if there are danger areas in Bohol. He said the operations will continue until the first quarter of 2014.